So on Saturday (the 20th) it was my work’s Xmas do! We had a lovely night at the Hilton and spread ourselves over 2 tables. We had buckets of beer on the table and several bottles of wine as well. It was a retro night ranging from music of the 60’s to the 90’s. Needless to say, I was waiting for the Vengaboys and then 1 after the other we had vengaboys, Spice Girls and PJ and Duncan. Amazing! I danced my feet off and felt the pain in the tootsies the next day. here are a few piccies of my night.
The bevvy of beauties are my amazing friends and colleagues.
Laura x 🙂
It’s my Christmas party this weekend and everyone is really excited that it’s finally here. I’ve spent the last couple of weeks looking at endless amounts of clothing trying to decide whether to buy something new and collated together my favourites for this party season. Have a look and the links are provided to all the companies. I will be posting some snaps from my ‘do’ next week so enjoy! 😀
1. Missguided fur strappy dress Absolutely stunning dress fro Missguided and i was desperately looking for one with just straps and not full sleeves. This is a bargain and currently in stock still. Definitely fits in my with favourite look this year which has been the Clueless/90’s look.
2. Navy Sequin High Neck Bodycon I have always wanted a sequin number and I love the Blue of this dress. A lot of dresses tend to be black sequins so i like that this is quite a stand out blue. This is currently on sale in New Look with an offer on it and they are also selling it in Black. Don’t miss out.
3. Black embellished lace New Look playsuit Again nother fab number from New Look currently on offer. I love that it has lace sleeves and also embellishment as well. It looks smart and adheres to the Legs or Cleavage rule.
4. Red Geometric River Island dress Once i spent time browsing I realised all the dress were quite dark colours so hunted down something vibrant and this is what i found. I love this beautiful dress from River Island and would definitely make you stand out.
5. Topshop 20’s crochet/beaded flapper dress Gorgeous dress from Topshop and with the Great Gatsby being so popular over the last year, this would definitely be a statement dress and get you lots of compliments.
6. F&F Jacquard roll neck dress Gorgeous dress for the Christmas party. Its a shimmery pattern and would look great under the lights and really highlight a tan.
Thanks for having a look and leave any feedback or comments if you want.
So I thought I would write a post about what I’m wishing for. Fingers crossed I get some for Christmas, but if I’m honest I am fully expecting to get stuff for our new home from everyone. Instead of asking Bob or myself what we want ourselves for Christmas, the general theme of the conversations seems to be “What do you need for the house?” It feels very grown up now and very realistic all of a sudden. I am extremely excited to get things for the house though, as it means we have less to spend ourselves and can then afford to buy the things on my wishlist. Here goes…
1. Silver semi-sheer pumps I love these from New Look and going into Spring i think they would look fab with some turned up jeans and a cami top. What a steal as well!
2. Wide Fit gold pointed loafers When I saw these, again from New Look, i literally was in lust. I am intending to purchase these as a gift to myself before Christmas i think 😀
3. Asos swing dress This is a very wintery item but i may have to treat myself to it soon from ASOS. I think its look incredible and would be fab paired with some black chunky ankle boots.
4. Goldie ascot trousers these gorgeous trousers are again from Asos and look so flattering and comfy. I have a couple of similar pairs already that are patterned and I wore on holiday but a pair like this look really elegant.
5. Dip dye fringe cardigan This Cardigan is currently in store in Topshop and i love it. If i can get round to getting it, i would pair it with some skinny jeans and killer heels for a night with the girls or a date night.
6. Coated Tuck midi skirt This amazing skirt from Topshop has been on my mind for a while. I saw a sales assistant wearing something like this in another shop but haven’t seen it until now. I may have to splurge and get myself this a la Carrie bradshaw.
I’m fully aware that most of this are quite dark colours and this isnt like me at all. my wardrobe is full of colour but strangely i have been drawn to all these pieces anyway. Hope you like what i’ve chosen and whe i get round to purchasing some of these beauties, i will style it up and post again.
Thanks for reading