I have been seeing a lot of twitter statuses including the #frugalfeb tag. I was really intrigued to know what was going on and whether I thought I could get involved logically. I’m not a huge spender anyway so the idea of being frugal is not a new concept to me anyway as I’m saving up for a house.
I stumbled upon a lovely blog post over at My Pale Skin which has really inspired me to share some frugal living tips of my own for this month (I know we are over a week in to the month now but hey ho!)
- Take cash out when you go for a meal/drinks etc and set that as your budget so you don’t just keep paying by debit card.
- Swap your usual makeup buys for a cheaper brand. I am going to be doing a makeup revolution haul in the next week as I have recently fallen in love with the brand and its so much cheaper than some others.
- Use up all your products at home before running out to buy more. I have so much shampoo, perfume, body lotion etc that I aim to use up then blog about empties and whether or not I liked them or not.
- Keep a jar of spare change. I throw 1p’s, 2p’s and 5p’s in mine and just collect them up.
- Try and have no spend days where you don’t just spend for the sake of it whether its a coffee to go or buying your lunch. I take lunch to work with me and also invested in a travel mug for my tea/coffee to save money.
- Sell old clothes etc on Depop/Ebay/Vinted. I am going to be listing a few items this month in order to make a bit extra money
- Try not to waste any food in the fridge, use up as much as you can before you think about throwing half of it out and be aware of expiry dates on things.
These are just a few of the practices I use in my life and I am immensely proud of the fact that we are now getting ready to buy our first home at the age of 24. I will doing these and then some when we eventually find a home and get moved in.
What are you frugal living tips?